Friday, March 9, 2018

For Sunday

Reading of the Law of God    
And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, Jesus said to them, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it.” Mark 8.34-35

Confession of Sin
Our Father, we know what Jesus requires of us.  We hear His call to discipleship.  But we don’t like self-denial.  We find cross-bearing too hard.  In this we are so very like our neighbors.  In this we sin.  We humbly ask that You would forgive us.  We ask that You would change our hearts some more by Your Holy Spirit.  We ask this only because of Jesus, our faithful Savior. Amen.

Declaration of Pardon
Remember these things, O Jacob, and Israel, for you are my servant; I formed you; you are my servant; O Israel, you will not be forgotten by me. I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you. Isaiah 44:21-22

The almighty and merciful Lord grant you pardon and forgiveness of all your sins, time for amendment of life, and the grace and strength of the Holy Spirit.
The Book of Common Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment