Friday, August 5, 2016

For Sunday

Reading of the Law of God
You shall not murder. Exodus 20.13

Confession of Sin
Our Father, we come to You aware that we have not kept this commandment. We so often find ourselves angry and impatient, thinking of our own well-being first. We understand that in these and other ways we murder. We have broken Your Law. We acknowledge our sin before You and ask that You would be merciful to us sinners for Jesus’ sake alone. Amen.

Declaration of Pardon
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Psalm 32.1-2,5

May the God of love and power forgive you and free you from your sins, heal and strengthen you by his Spirit, and raise you to new life in Christ our Lord.
Book of Common Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment