Thursday, September 13, 2018

For Sunday

Reading of the Law of God
And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one's deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile, knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. 1 Peter 1.17-19

Confession of Sin
Our Father, we admit to You that we are not as careful as we should be when it comes to how we conduct our lives. By our carelessness, we do not honor the precious blood of Christ. We know that You will evaluate each of us accordingly. We ask that You might be gracious again and forgive us this sin. We also ask that Your Spirit might make us more careful in conducting ourselves in ways that are fitting for disciples of Christ. Grant us our requests for Jesus’ sake. Amen.

Declaration of Pardon
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord," and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Psalm 32.1-2,5

The almighty and merciful Lord grant you pardon and forgiveness of all your sins, time for amendment of life, and the grace and strength of the Holy Spirit.
The Book of Common Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment