Friday, March 16, 2018

For Sunday

Reading of the Law of God
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12.1-2

Confession of Sin
Our Father, we hear Your Law, and again it exposes our sin. We recognize that we are so like our unbelieving neighbors. We conform so much to the world around us. We are so little like the living sacrifices You call for. We are so little like Jesus. In these things we have sinned. We ask that You would forgive our sin. We ask that You would renew our minds. Make us more like Jesus and less like the faithless who live in this world. We ask this only through Jesus, our faithful Savior. Amen.

Declaration of Pardon
Remember these things, O Jacob, and Israel, for you are my servant; I formed you; you are my servant; O Israel, you will not be forgotten by me. I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you. Isaiah 44:21-22

The almighty and merciful Lord grant you pardon and forgiveness of all your sins, time for amendment of life, and the grace and strength of the Holy Spirit.
The Book of Common Prayer 

No comments:

Post a Comment