Friday, June 23, 2017

For Sunday

Reading of the Law of God    
Do not quench the Spirit. 1 Thessalonians 5.19

Confession of Sin
Our Father, we fail to honor Your Spirit. We so easily doubt that He will do anything significantly new in our lives or in the lives of others. In this we quench the Spirit and hinder His ministry among us. Because of this, there is much good that could happen that doesn’t. Forgive us our sin. Change us so that we might expect great things from Your Spirit’s work in our midst. We pray through Jesus, our faithful Savior. Amen.

Declaration of Pardon
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the LORD counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD," and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Psalm 32.1-2,5

Almighty God, who in Jesus Christ has given us a kingdom that cannot be destroyed, forgive us our sins, open our eyes to God's truth, strengthen us to do God's will and give us the joy of his kingdom, through Jesus Christ our Lord. 
The Book of Common Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment