Friday, February 24, 2017

For Sunday

Reading of the Law of God
Love does not envy or boast. 1 Corinthians 13.4

Confession of Sin
Our Father, Your Law exposes how we are so often  comparing ourselves with others  and responding badly to what we see.   We so easily fall into envy.  Our hearts tell us that life would be so much better  if only we had what they have.  Then, when we seem to be doing better than others,  we brag about it, if only to ourselves.  This is not love.  We see again the evil that remains in our hearts.  Forgive us, we pray, for Jesus’ sake,  and help us to be content with Your plan for our lives. Amen.

Declaration of Pardon
Remember these things, O Jacob, and Israel, for you are my servant; I formed you; you are my servant; O Israel, you will not be forgotten by me. I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you. Isaiah 44:21-22

May God who loved the world so much that he sent his Son to be our Saviour forgive us our sins and make us holy to serve him in the world, through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Book of Common Prayer


No comments:

Post a Comment