Friday, January 13, 2017

For Sunday

Reading of the Law of God
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12.1-2

Confession of Sin
Our Father, we hear Your Law, and again it exposes our sin. We recognize that we are so like our unbelieving neighbors. We conform so much to the world around us. We are so little like the living sacrifices You call for. We are so little like Jesus. In these things we have sinned. We ask that You would forgive our sin. We ask that You would renew our minds. Make us more like Jesus and less like the faithless who live in this world. We ask this only through Jesus, our faithful Savior. Amen.

Declaration of Pardon
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the LORD counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,” and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Psalm 32.1-2,5

May the God of all healing and forgiveness draw us to himself, and cleanse us from all our sins that we may behold the glory of his Son, the Word made flesh, Jesus Christ our Lord.
The Book of Common Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment