Friday, May 20, 2016

For Sunday

Reading of the Law of God
For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of my Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1.5-8

Confession of Sin
Father, as I look at this list of qualities I thank You for progress made over the years. You have changed me greatly. But at the same time, I regret my failure to make every effort to develop these virtues to a greater degree. Forgive me for my sin in this and grant me Your powerful grace so that I might work hard to mature in these ways and thus bring honor to my beloved Savior, Jesus. Amen.

Declaration of Pardon
Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53.4-5

The Lord enrich you with his grace, and nourish you with his blessing; the Lord defend you in trouble and keep you from all evil; the Lord accept your prayers, and absolve you from your offences, for the sake of Jesus Christ, our Saviour.
Book of Common Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment