Thursday, November 12, 2015

For Sunday

Reading of the Law of God
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” Romans 12.17-19

Confession of Sin
Our Father, when we are wronged it is so easy for us  to think in terms of defense and not peace,  of asserting ourselves  and not leaving the matter to You.  We are so quick to protect our ‘rights’.  In this we sin, and so often we fail to realize it.  Forgive us.  Change our hearts so that we might become  more like Jesus.  Amen. 

Declaration of Pardon   
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Psalm 32.1-2,5

May the Father forgive us by the death of his Son and strengthen us to live in the power of the Spirit all our days.   
Book of Common Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment