Thursday, July 2, 2015

For Sunday

Reading of the Law of God
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5.3

Confession of Sin
Our Father, we confess to You that we are not poor in spirit. Sadly, we are too like those around us. We think so well of ourselves. We are proud. We do not recognize how poor and weak and needy we really are. We do not believe this part of the Gospel very well. We acknowledge our sin. We ask that You would forgive us.  We ask that You would change us. We ask this only because of Jesus, our Savior. Amen.

Declaration of Pardon
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Psalm 32.1-2,5

May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment