Saturday, February 14, 2015

For Sunday

Reading of the Law of God
Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison – that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak. Colossians 4.2-4

Confession of Sin
Our Father, You call us to pray and what a joy that is. But there are too many times  that we see it merely as a duty. How shameful! Forgive us our sin and change our hearts. Please give us a sense of enjoyment and anticipation  when it’s time to pray. We ask this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Declaration of Pardon   
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the LORD counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord," and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Psalm 32.1-2,5                 
The Lord enrich you with his grace, and nourish you with his blessing; the Lord defend you in trouble and keep you from all evil; the Lord accept your prayers, and absolve you from your offences, for the sake of Jesus Christ, our Saviour.  
Book of Common Prayer