Friday, August 23, 2013

For Sunday

Reading of the Law of God
Love is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful. 1 Corinthians 13.4-5

Confession of Sin
Our Father, we need to confess to You that we do not love as You command. We insist on our own way. And when we don’t get our way we often become irritable. We resent it. We know, Father, that for sins like these we deserve Your justice. We deserve hell. But again, we plead the blood of Jesus. Forgive us, we pray. And make us into people who truly love. For Jesus’ sake. Amen.

Declaration of Pardon
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Psalms 32.1-2,5