Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Scripture to Meditate On

I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins. Isaiah 43.25

The key to meditating on Scripture is to be sure that you really get the sense of the words. You want to feel what God is saying. One word that stands out here, a word that we need to feel, is the word blot. According to the standard Hebrew-English lexicon this word means to wipe out, obliterate. Here's one other place where this word is used in the Bible. God is describing what He will do by the flood.

For in seven days I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and every living thing that I have made I will blot out from the face of the ground. Genesis 7:4

To wipe out, obliterate.

And that's what God does with our sins. There is great comfort in this, especially as we become more sensitive to the evil of our sins.

And now some homework for you. What is the significance of 'for my own sake'? 

No comments:

Post a Comment