Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Some Scripture for Meditation

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7


This was (and still is) an oft-used bit of Scripture for me. I was working on dealing with my being driven. I was feeling the need to rush through this because I just had to get to that – even though there actually was no rush to get to that. Regardless, I was anxious, lest I not get everything done. Enter this verse. And the key for me was that ‘He cares’. As far as I am concerned, knowing that He cares makes all the difference. So, when the temptation comes to give in to that drivenness, knowing this verse, believing this verse, makes it possible for me to tell myself that my Father will make sure that everything that needs to get done will get done, just because He cares for me. And that allows me to focus on what I’m doing at the moment, anxiety-free. Each night, as part of my evening prayer, I offer this up: ‘I thank You that I was able to cast all my cares and concerns upon You.’  

No comments:

Post a Comment