Saturday, February 13, 2016

A Prayer of Confession

This is a prayer of confession of sin that I use each morning. I have found it quite helpful.

Almighty and most merciful Father,
I have erred and strayed from your ways like a lost sheep.
I have followed the deceits and desires of my heart.
I have offended against your holy laws.
I have left undone those things which I ought to have done,
and I have done those things
   which I ought not to have done;
and apart from your grace,
   there is no health in me.
O Lord, have mercy upon me.
Spare me as I confess my faults.
Restore me, according to your promises declared
    to all people in Christ Jesus our Lord;
And grant, O most merciful Father, for his sake,
that I may now live a godly, righteous, and sober life,
    to the glory of your holy Name. Amen.
Book of Common Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment