Wednesday, June 17, 2015

From This Morning’s Readings

I read this as one of this morning’s readings.

But I call to God,
and the Lord will save me. Psalms 55.16

I was struck by the quiet confidence expressed by the Psalmist as he is confronted by some evil. He knows that, as he calls to his God, there will be a response. There is no doubt about that. ‘The Lord will save me.’ Quiet confidence.

What is this but the fruit of a life of trusting God. Time and again, the Psalmist believed those amazing promises that God made about being near and watching over him. Time and again, encouraged by those promises the Psalmist cried out because of his need. And time and again, his God showed Himself faithful by rescuing him from whatever it was that troubled him.

Too many Christians lack this quiet confidence. As a result, they rush about tripping over their anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment