Saturday, May 1, 2010

Someday


I found this on Ray Ortlund's blog. Call me melancholic if you like, but this sounds like truth to me.

Beams of heaven as I go
through this wilderness below
guide my feet in peaceful ways
turn my midnights into days
When in the darkness I would grope
faith always sees a star of hope
and soon from all life’s grief and danger
I shall be free someday

Burdens now may crush me down
disappointments, they’re all around
troubles speak in mournful sigh
sorrow through a tear-stained eye
There is a world where pleasure reigns
no mourning soul shall roam its plains
and to that land of peace in glory
I’ve got to go someday

I do not know how long it will be
nor what the future holds for me
but this I know, this I know:
if Jesus leads me
I shall go home someday

No comments:

Post a Comment