Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday


Something unexpected happened today. I wanted to be in the company of some saints worshiping. Today is a good day to remember the Cross and what was going on there. The Son of God suffered what I cannot imagine so that I don’t have to. Worship makes sense. But the unexpected part was that I wanted to express my feelings to the Father. I have been known as quite the stoic. And to all appearances I have been. I think that in the past a good lecture on the Cross would have satisfied me. But now I want to have my soul touched, and I want to be able to express something of what I’m feeling deep within. Things have changed. Good Friday is no longer a doctrine that I believe. What happened has become real. The Son of God loved me and gave Himself for me, and my heart gets that in a way that it hasn’t before.

No comments:

Post a Comment